Associate Dean: Research and Innovation
Salford Business School has a vision of innovative and entrepreneurial leadership that integrates people, values and the digital in order to meet the challenges and opportunities of a sustainable future. To deliver this it collaborates with industry, provides excellence in learning and teaching, knowledge transfer partnerships (KTPs) and research , works with domestic and international partners- these are just some of the ways we connect and work together.
As a Small Business Charter accredited School, we are proud to be delivering the government-funded Help to Grow programme and, as part of the Manchester Leadership Hive, the OpenSME platform. With a thriving Industry Advisory Board and impressive international alumni network, we work in partnership with a wide range of businesses, from SMEs to multinationals, to support growth and productivity across our region. As a result, we are in the top 5 HESA ranking for SME engagement.
The School has made significant investment in immersive technologies, we aim to lead the sector in the innovative delivery of business and legal education. Whether it is preparing to complete a digital certification in the University’s only Microsoft Lab, developing a business idea through Launch@Salford, our on-site student incubator, or supporting members of our local community through SILKs, our pro-bono law clinic, we offer real-world learning opportunities that prepare students for life.
With an ambitious innovation strategy, the school will launch the new Centre for Sustainable Innovation in Autumn 2023 under the leadership of our recently appointed Professor of Business Innovation. With a focus on net zero, productivity and change management, and digital transformation, the Centre will lead on large products while also providing collaboration spaces for working with external stakeholders.
We are committed to working with our partners to provide an integrated wrap-around knowledge exchange service while supporting strategic innovation through KTPs, employer-led bidding, commercial research and grant applications. As we continue on our journey, we are seeking an individual to lead and deliver on the scale of our ambition and scope of our perspectives to work as Associate Dean: Research and innovation.
As we continue to grow our student and staff numbers as well as our academic portfolio, and enterprise and research activity, this is an exciting time to join our diverse and vibrant community.
If you'd like to discuss the role informally with the Dean or Deputy Dean, please contact: SBS-PAs@salford.ac.uk.
To apply for this role please see full job description and follow the link below to apply. We're asking for a copy of CV as well as a covering letter detailing how you meet the essential criteria.
What’s in it for you? – the benefits
- Competitive salary - and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional holiday days
- Flexible working - we support a culture of both flexible and agile working, to help you find the right balance
- Professional development - a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Wellbeing support –dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling, to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships
- Sustainable Salford - We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Greater Manchester - Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleges, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.
Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces. Our MediaCity campus is at the heart of one of the country's leading digital and media hubs
- Team Salford - By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
However you identify, whatever your journey has been to get here, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong!
This opportunity is closed to applications.